Say hello to your Bills Jar! A dedicated account just for your Bills, that's 100% separate from your regular checking account.
Tracking and paying all of your bills & subscriptions just got a whole lot easier. All part of Douugh helping you to organize and better manage your money, and ensuring you're set up for success.
With your new Bills Jar, you can set aside money that's specifically for your bills, so you can have peace of mind knowing you have enough to cover your upcoming bill payments (and less chance of spending it). This means you can splurge guilt-free knowing the available balance in your Douugh checking account is safe to spend - on things like dining, entertainment, and more! Keep that calculator in the drawer and say so long to that continual thought of if I buy this, do I have enough money left to pay for my remaining bills? 👋
What type of bills should I pay out of my Bills Jar?
To help you budget better and for us to track your bills, you should aim to pay all of your recurring fixed/expenses and subscriptions out of your Bills Jar - the ones that you know you have to pay to survive, and they come out regularly.
- Fixed Expenses: Rent, Mortgage Repayments, Car Payments, Student Loan, Insurances
- Home Utilities & Services: Internet, Mobile Phone, Cable, Utilities, Gym/Fitness
- Online Subscriptions: Spotify, Netflix, Apple Subscriptions
- Anything you think is a bill: Expenses you want to track, get reminders, and never miss a payment
1. To pay for a bill using your Bills Jar account, you will first need to fund your Douugh checking account. Funding your account
2. Next, fund your Bills Jar by transferring money from your Douugh checking account. Tap the Move money icon on the Bills Jar screen to load money.
3. Last but not least, you will need to update your payment method for your existing bills to reflect your Bills Jar account information. You can use either your Bills Jar virtual Mastercard information (Recommended) or your Bills Jar account and routing numbers. To locate your account information, simply tap on Account details, the third icon located above the green card.
Once a bill is paid, you can track the bill to stay nice and organized!
Find out more information on Bills Jar here.