Yes, Douugh Mastercard® debit cards are all fitted with EMV (Europay, Mastercard, Visa) chip protection technology. The chip helps prevent a fraudster from stealing your card information. Each time you insert your card into the Eftpos machine, the chip generates a new number for every transaction, making counterfeiting almost impossible. The card is inserted rather than swiped through a credit card reader, and a signature completes the purchase. This technology helps to increase security, reduces card-present fraud, and may require a PIN instead of a signature to complete the transaction process.
Articles in this section
- Does the Douugh card support Tap to Pay?
- Does my Douugh card work with Venmo?
- Do I have to pay to withdraw money from ATMs?
- Where can I use my Douugh debit card?
- Have you noticed a suspicious charge?
- Why was my card declined?
- International Card usage
- Does the Douugh card have a EMV chip?
- Activating your card
- What type of card is the Douugh card?